AbiWord fonts not found

Discussions about the Alpha-400 sub-notebook

AbiWord fonts not found

Postby Dani » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:46 pm

Hi,
I got this problem with AbiWord. Everytime I want to open it, a message appears saying that " fonts are not found. Make sure the fonts are configured correctly, (usually found at /etc/fonts/fonts.conf)" and pressing OK closes both message and AbiWord. I installed xterm to get to this folder and in /etc/fonts/ when I typed fonts.conf, response was file not found eventhough I can see it when I ls. Can anyone give advice on how do I configure the fonts? I'm a Linux newbie who's planning to use the Alpha400 as a learning platform.

thanks
Dani

Re: AbiWord fonts not found

Postby Dani » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:49 pm

I forgot to mention that I had installed all patches through the software updater and had tried the reset button but problem still persist.
Dani

Postby Leven2e » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:28 pm

did you try these as well? (Abiword font updates,spellchecker..)

http://www.elonex.co.uk/support/product ... dates.shtm
Leven2e

Postby Dani » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:30 am

Hi Leven2e,
Thanks. It finally opened. Previously i just used the update online button to get patches. But I tried manually updating the Abiword fonts, spellchecker and Abiword update. Tried to run AbiWord, no go. Reset it, and AbiWord works.

Thanks again. Keep up the good work.
cheers
Dani

Postby Leven2e » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:47 pm

what did u mean by reset? Restart or using the button on the bottom?Or pressing enter a few times?
Leven2e

Postby Dani » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:21 pm

After manually installing the fonts, Abiword and Spellcheck, I have to poke the reset button on the bottom. Abiword works after that. no more error message.
Dani

Return to Alpha-400