Hewlett Packard 9816
|The 9816 in all its glory. |
This is one of the stranger workstations in my collection. Instead of ONE Operating System, this one came with a choice of THREE different ones, HPL(also used on older HPs), BASIC and 'Interactive Pascal', and they could be booted from either a ROM card or from disc.
|Production year: 1982||OS: - Undefined -|
|Type: Workstation||Speed: 8MHz||RAM: 128/256KB|
|Display: Internal CRT||Resolution: 400x300|
This unit, was probably sold with a dual 3.5" Floppy drive connected to the machine witha HP-IB cable, but where it has ended up is anyones guess. (The man I bought it from never got one. )
There may be a problem with the onboard switches as the selfstest registers as the 9816A has 128KB on the Motherboard, and the 9816Shas 256KB, and there's a HP 98257 memory-card in one of the expansion slots, and a manual found on the net indicates that it is a cool 1MB in size, but the selftest indicates that it only has 128KB installed.
But without a manual for the RAM card, there's very little I can do to rectify that situation.
Joe's HP 9000 Computers
A not entirely complete page, but it lists all the models, so is a good read.
HP Computer Museum
This site is stuffed with documents and software for older HP computers. A must-visit!
Got any comments? Write them here:
- Comments will not be visible until I manually OK them.
- You don't need to give an email address if you don't want to. But if you do, you decide whether or not it is visible. (No addresses will be given to third-parties, it's only there to make it easier for me to get back to you)
- This script WILL log your IP adress.
- Profanities, 'L337' speak, links to unrelated stuff like Pr0n and online gambling will result in your IP being banned, a message being sent to your ISP and anything else nasty I can think of...
- Suspicious HTML in the comments field will also cause me to give you hell.
- While I don't have any user registration here, that's no reason to use a 'nick' belonging to someone else.