Epson HX-20There are no pictures available for this page. Maybe later?
Well, what can I say about this cream coloured box then?
(Except that it was also available in Silver finish like my Epson HX-20)
It's a 16KB expansion for those that need more than the 16KB that the Epson HX-20 is fitted with.
Except... If you study the manual, you'll find that it can be configured in a few different ways with 0KB, 8KB or 16KB RAM and one or more ROMs.
- Save any unsaved files, then switch off the system (using the switch on the righthand side)
- Remove the cover on the system bus on the left side of the Epson HX.
- Take the two metal pieces and fit them to the side of the HX (using two M4 screws)
- slide the expansion module on the metal bars onto the system conector.
- Make certain that the holes on the metal bars matches the holes on the expansion unit.
- Fasten with the remaining 4 M4 screws.
- Switch on the unit.
- Reinitialize the unit by pressing [Ctrl]+@
(Now you'll regret not saving... :-)
- Enter Basic and try the Command STAT ALL
I will add scans of the installation Guide with detailed instructions on switches, RAM and ROM settings later.
A fun thing that I noticed...
The expansion unit is fastened with screws in special 'nuts' that are built into the case. There's also one of those nuts in EVERY corner on the underside, and it's NOT to hold anything on the inside... There's also a removable cover where the CPU that handles IO is placed.
According to information found on another website(now lost), this is where the floppy-drive would connect.
Got any comments? Write them here:
- Comments will not be visible until I manually OK them.
- You don't need to give an email address if you don't want to. But if you do, you decide whether or not it is visible. (No addresses will be given to third-parties, it's only there to make it easier for me to get back to you)
- This script WILL log your IP adress.
- Profanities, 'L337' speak, links to unrelated stuff like Pr0n and online gambling will result in your IP being banned, a message being sent to your ISP and anything else nasty I can think of...
- Suspicious HTML in the comments field will also cause me to give you hell.
- While I don't have any user registration here, that's no reason to use a 'nick' belonging to someone else.