Hewlett Packard HP 110
|Two mysterious two pin ports marked 'IN' and 'OUT'.(The connector to the right is power in) |
These are HP-IL ports. Some sort of serial network to connect printers and disks.
The HP Portable 110 is a strange thing...
3 x 2V/2.5AH Lead Acid
8V AC in?
|Production year: 0000||OS: DOS|
|Type: Portable||RAM: 272KB||ROM: 256|
|Display: Internal LCD||Resolution: 80x16 chars (640 x 1|
If we take a closer look at it, then it might be easier to understand:
- RAM:272KB allocated like this:
Default: 96KB RAM/176KB Disk
This could be changed in 4KB steps all the way to:
Max RAM: 256KB RAM/16KB Disk
- ROM: Contains both the OS and Standard Apps:
- MemoMaker - A Word processor.
- Lotus 1-2-3 - This Spreadsheet doesn't really need a further introduction...
- Terminal - A terminal emulator. No sign of any VT emulation or advanced file transfer protocols like X-modem, only a protocol called 'Modem7'. (Anyone know that one, please tell me about it)
- P.A.M - 'Personal Application Manager'. This is the shell program on the HP.
A few points about it:
- You can run DOS commands directly. Anything you type is visible on the third line from the top.
- You have access to a 'normal' DOS Prompt too. (Type EXIT to return to P.A.M)
- P.A.M can be used as a scheduler that can alert you to appointments or RUN DOS commands.
(Only if it's left in the P.A.M itself. It will postphone commands if left in an app)
- Other apps can easily be integrated into the P.A.M screen just by adding a simple text file.
- OS: MS-DOS V.2.11
- Power Supply: Not known. It's quite possibly 8V AC. I don't have the original PSU, but the only HP PSU that I have seen that uses the correct plug is 8v AC.
It makes sense though, since the plug doesn't have and up/down, inner/outer conductors, just two similar pins.
- RS232 - A 9Pin Serial port. Works up to 19200baud.
|Two mysterious two pin ports marked 'IN' and 'OUT'. These are HP-IL ports. Some sort of serial network to connect printers and disks.
(Will add some info about this system when I know more about it)
- Expansion: Allows for up to 8 disks on the HP-IL chain.
Got any comments? Write them here:
- Comments will not be visible until I manually OK them.
- You don't need to give an email address if you don't want to. But if you do, you decide whether or not it is visible. (No addresses will be given to third-parties, it's only there to make it easier for me to get back to you)
- This script WILL log your IP adress.
- Profanities, 'L337' speak, links to unrelated stuff like Pr0n and online gambling will result in your IP being banned, a message being sent to your ISP and anything else nasty I can think of...
- Suspicious HTML in the comments field will also cause me to give you hell.
- While I don't have any user registration here, that's no reason to use a 'nick' belonging to someone else.