Sharp Memowriter EL7100
|A small curiosity, on the printboard, the RAM chips have been surface mounted. It's the only commercial product where I have seen this technique. (Bending out the pins of a DIP chip and soldering them on top of the board)
Quite an interesting technique, and something hobbyists should take note of. It's much simpler than drilling a lot of accurately placed holes...|
I'm not certain as to what I should classify this thing... It can take short notes and appointments, but can't sound an alarm. But it's definitely not 'just a calculator' either... And it's not programmable either...
|Production year: 0000||OS: - Undefined -|
|Type: - Unclassified -||Display: Internal LCD||Resolution: 20chars|
I guess that the Memowriter label just about sums it up.
Now for the fun parts, the technical specs:
- Built in dot-matrix printer. (Uses a narrow paperstrip)
- Memory: Unknown as of writing, but at least 2KB. Arranges as up to 40 'Word memories'
- No external storage.
Got any comments? Write them here:
- Comments will not be visible until I manually OK them.
- You don't need to give an email address if you don't want to. But if you do, you decide whether or not it is visible. (No addresses will be given to third-parties, it's only there to make it easier for me to get back to you)
- This script WILL log your IP adress.
- Profanities, 'L337' speak, links to unrelated stuff like Pr0n and online gambling will result in your IP being banned, a message being sent to your ISP and anything else nasty I can think of...
- Suspicious HTML in the comments field will also cause me to give you hell.
- While I don't have any user registration here, that's no reason to use a 'nick' belonging to someone else.