This Pocket Computer seems to have been 'modified' by another company. It's marked with Merlin II on the front and the sliding cover.
2 x 3V CR2032
|Production year: 0000||OS: - Undefined -|
|Type: Pocket Computer||RAM: 8KB||Display: Internal LCD|
A label on the back reads
And the label on the inside cover reads Merlin II Navigational Computer
Merlin Navigation Pty Ltd
PO box 1264, Booragoon,
Perth, WA 6154, Australia.
There is also a list of functions on the same label, but I can find no sign of them when using it. They probably need to be loaded from a tape or something.
But what DO I know about it?
- Memory: 8KB? (the MEM command returns 7422)
- Contains a Basic interpreter.
- Expansion: An 11 pin connector at the lefthand side where you can connect the Sharp CE-126P Mini printer/cassette interface.
(Maybe others too.)
According to sources, this model was sold with a celestial-navigation system installed. This of course has long since gone(sometime after the original owner packed it away and let the batteries drain).
Got any comments? Write them here:
- Comments will not be visible until I manually OK them.
- You don't need to give an email address if you don't want to. But if you do, you decide whether or not it is visible. (No addresses will be given to third-parties, it's only there to make it easier for me to get back to you)
- This script WILL log your IP adress.
- Profanities, 'L337' speak, links to unrelated stuff like Pr0n and online gambling will result in your IP being banned, a message being sent to your ISP and anything else nasty I can think of...
- Suspicious HTML in the comments field will also cause me to give you hell.
- While I don't have any user registration here, that's no reason to use a 'nick' belonging to someone else.