Tandy TRS-80 Model 102There are no pictures available for this page. Maybe later?
In the Basic application, the Function keys are just shortcuts for often used Basic commands...
They are so short and simple that it's not worth the bother of memorizing. Besides, some of the commands can use options that are unavaiable when using the function keys...
But here they are anyhow:
Lists all files in memory.
You just add filename and the second "
As for F2
Lists out your program
||Exit to MENU
To write a program you could type this:
10 PRINT "Hello World"
And just press [Enter]
The program line would now be stored in memory, ready for execution...
(Had you typed the line WITHOUT the number, then the command would have been executed immediately, and just a line number without a command would delete that line.)
Of course, there is more to editing than this...
There are several commands used when editing the programs:
Starts executing the program from the lowest numbered line.
Starts executing from line number XX
Lists all lines of your program.
Lists line XX only.
Lists all lines from XX to YY.
This loads the file into the Text program for editing. Note that the F8 key returns you to the Basic interpreter, otherwise the Fn keys work as usual.
Starts to edit the line specified.
Loads all lines from XX to YY into the editor. Handy if the program is well structured...
Got any comments? Write them here:
- Comments will not be visible until I manually OK them.
- You don't need to give an email address if you don't want to. But if you do, you decide whether or not it is visible. (No addresses will be given to third-parties, it's only there to make it easier for me to get back to you)
- This script WILL log your IP adress.
- Profanities, 'L337' speak, links to unrelated stuff like Pr0n and online gambling will result in your IP being banned, a message being sent to your ISP and anything else nasty I can think of...
- Suspicious HTML in the comments field will also cause me to give you hell.
- While I don't have any user registration here, that's no reason to use a 'nick' belonging to someone else.