Tandy WP-2There are no pictures available for this page. Maybe later?
Tandy Portable Wordprocessor WP-2
4 x 1.5V AA-cells
1 x 3V CR2430
6V Dc in
|Production year: 0000||OS: - Undefined -|
|Type: Typewriter/Word Processor||Speed: 5.53MHz|
|RAM: 32KB||ROM: 256KB||Display: Internal LCD|
|Resolution: 8 x 80chars|
Is this a Word Processor or a fully-fledged laptop computer?
What it will allow you to do is:
Well, you get the idea. This thing does just about everything a PDA should do.
- Word processing: Create, edit and store documents in internal RAM, Memory cards, cassette, or an optional diskette drive. It supports some formatting, has a spell-checker with the possibility of a user-defined dictionary, or even call a program on a ROM-card.
- Printing: Define printer,styles, layout, and of course, print.
- File: Copy documents from one location to another, rename documents, delete documents, format devices, insert one document into another, mail merge.
- Phone: Create phone lists, add numbers to phone lists,delete numbers, , dial out, print lists.
- Calendar: Create a list ofevents, add events, print events.
- Telcom: Communicate with other computers connected by RS-232cable or modem, printer echo, send and receive files.
About the date. I wrote 1989 because the manual lists the BIOS, Application software and Spell check as @1989 by 'Something Good Inc', but the manual is @1987 Tandy corporation.
Got any comments? Write them here:
- Comments will not be visible until I manually OK them.
- You don't need to give an email address if you don't want to. But if you do, you decide whether or not it is visible. (No addresses will be given to third-parties, it's only there to make it easier for me to get back to you)
- This script WILL log your IP adress.
- Profanities, 'L337' speak, links to unrelated stuff like Pr0n and online gambling will result in your IP being banned, a message being sent to your ISP and anything else nasty I can think of...
- Suspicious HTML in the comments field will also cause me to give you hell.
- While I don't have any user registration here, that's no reason to use a 'nick' belonging to someone else.