There are no pictures available for this page. Maybe later?
The Casio DBC-61 Wrist Databank
|Production year: 0000||OS: - Undefined -|
|Type: PDA||Display: Internal LCD|
So what's this then?
To put it short and succinct, it's a clock with a built-in scheduler and phonelist. Nothing more.
Can it be used?
If you're desperate, then yes...
Of course, you want details...
- Screen: Too small. It's a clock after all...
- Memory: Up to 50 phonenumbers or appointments.
- Sound: Yes...
There are 20 buttons on this clock:
4 around the display :
The rest of the buttons make up a rectangle beneath the display:
- Adjust (Top left, recessed)
- Mode (Bottom left)
- Shift (Top right)
- C/Secret (Bottom right)
÷ / MC
|A B :
x / MR
- / M-
+ / M+
As soon as you insert a battery, the display shows the message <> OPEN,
then as you start fastening the back cover this message changes to <> CHECK and it disappears a few seconds after the last of the four screws are in place.
Now then, since it probably assumes a date in 85, and possibly a weird time of day, let's adjust it...
The clock should now display the correct time of day. It should also display the correct day of the week.
If the day of the week is incorrect, check that you wrote the month and day of the month the correct way round.
- Push the Adjust button to make the seconds start blinking.
- Push the 0 on the keyboard to reset the seconds to zero.
- Press the C/Secret button to make the hours flash.
- Type in the correct hour on the keyboard. The next digit will automatically be selected.
- If the A or P marker is wrong, press the key karked with PM
- It will automatically advance to the minutes. Type in them too.
- Also give the year the same way. 00 means 2000 and 01 will be interpreted as 2001.
- The last to be set is Month and day. Month is first, then day.
- finish by pressing the Adjust key again.
Using the databank...
(Select it by pressing the Mode key)
To check how many places have been used, press the Space key. While you hold it down, the screen will show xx/50 to tell you how many slots have been used.
To insert or edit an entry...
- First make certain that you are placed on the correct entry. (Or an empty one if adding)
- Press the Adjust button to get an edit marker in the top left part of the screen.
- Write the first symbol or letter by pressing on the keyboard. (Press twice to get the second character, or hold in the Shift key and press on the keyboard to get a number or other symbol)
- move to the next position by pressing the C/Secret button.
- Add up to 9 letters in the text field.
- After adding the 9 letters, it will move to the number fields when you press the c/Secret key.
- The number fields are 2 + 2 + 8 digits. You can skip parts if you want to (By pressing several times on the C/Secret button)
- When satisfied, pres the Adjust key again. The clock will then archive and sort the list.
Got any comments? Write them here:
- Comments will not be visible until I manually OK them.
- You don't need to give an email address if you don't want to. But if you do, you decide whether or not it is visible. (No addresses will be given to third-parties, it's only there to make it easier for me to get back to you)
- This script WILL log your IP adress.
- Profanities, 'L337' speak, links to unrelated stuff like Pr0n and online gambling will result in your IP being banned, a message being sent to your ISP and anything else nasty I can think of...
- Suspicious HTML in the comments field will also cause me to give you hell.
- While I don't have any user registration here, that's no reason to use a 'nick' belonging to someone else.