This box was made for the Psion SIBO range of computers.
Basically, it's a dual PCMCIA adapter, much like the single-slotted Psion PCMCIA-adapter, but with a few extras.
There is no explanation on it for which socket is for what, but I assume one is for rechargeing, and the other possibly an output to drive a S3 computer?
- It uses a built-in 3 x AA size NiCad pack instead of 4 AA size replaceable cells,
- It has both serial and parallell outputs,
- There's a 6-pin high-speed output,
- for some weird reason, it has a large magnetic pad on the top..., and strangest,
- There are 2 power sockets on it.
It comes in two versions, one with the Psion high-speed port(as featured on the S3 and S3a) and one with the 'Honda'-type connector as used on later models. Both has the same 6-pin output, though.
It comes with a small program to load and unload drivers.(it has special drivers for the Option Firstfone, and the Psion Dacom cards)